Saturday, September 26, 2020

HOLIDAYS!


Yo, folkeroons of the edges of the screen, hope you are all coping with the ashen grind of the plague outside. This post is to announce that I'm putting Shadows Contacless in suspended animation for at least four and a bit weeks. Have I run out of movies to show you? Never. But as October is rapidly approaching I must attend to one of the few religious holidays in my annual calendar: 31 Nights o' Horror. (Oh, come on, you all know that friend who takes a hol every year camping (like in The Blair Witch Project), fishing (like in Jaws), caving (like in The Descent) or going to Grandad's place (like in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre). Well, it's just like that.

Yes, from Oct 1 to Halloween I will be watching a horror movie per night. I'll be plundering the fare on Shudder and anything even vaguely attractive on the other VoD services. That and digging my chattering teeth into some auld favourites and new players in my own collection like the 4K discs of Suspiria or US as well as the great mass of horror pieces in my greater collection.

I'm not including Shadows in this as this is a holiday and I want to relax into this fare, however nerve-wracking, without having to worry about the sensitivity, values or tolerance of anyone else at all. Some of these will probably be shared but with a very few others and I will happily take suggestions for shared screenings along the way.

Also, I'll be polling the folk in the Facebook group to see if they want it to continue after my holiday. This will require a response as I won't be putting the effort in if faced with a vacuum. So, let's see how that goes.

On a less whingey note it has been 24 weeks of lively chats with some great films and a building sense of community. This has been a great comfort to me in these bleak days of plague. The engagement alone has kept me from feeling I was doing this alone. For which, I thank each and every one of you who joined in and got stuck into some great cinema. Felt like old times.

No comments:

Post a Comment